Laomu Temple is located at Laoyuanzhuang village in Wuxia street of Dongli district, 200 meters away from the north bank of the Haihe River. It was known as the Temple of the Sea Goddess or Kuan Yin Temple. The temple, which enshrines the goddess of the sea, is a place for local fishermen to worship their gods. The temple was built in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and renovated in 1701 and 1937. In the 1950s, the side palace hall and the gate statue were ruined. In 1987, only three main halls were left. In 1989, the main halls were totally ruined. In 1992, the district government announced the temple as a district-level cultural relic protection site. One year later, the temple was restored and renamed “Laomu Temple”. On December 27, 2006, it was approved as an important Tianjin-style architecture by the Tianjin municipal government.
In 1977, a bowl made during the reign of Emperor Yongle in the Ming Dynasty and a porcelain bowl of Ge Kiln of Longquan were unearthed at the temple.
Opening hours: 8：00-18：00
Route: Bus 211, Bus 621